Answers to FAQs For Online Registration Customers
- Q: How do I request a Customer Login Name and Password for an online registration account?
- A: Before registering for activities, adults 18 yrs and older must establish an online registration account and receive your Customer Login Name and Password. This is how you create an online registration account:
1) Click on the "My Account" button.
2) Complete the form for New Account Request, including birth date, and click submit. Please submit your request only once.
Once you have an online registration account, you will have the opportunity to add family members.
3) You will receive an email containing your Customer Login Name and Password once your account has been approved. Be sure to keep a record of your password. Write down your password as you will need it to register online in the future.
- Q: I have forgotten my password or login name, what should I do?
- A: Please contact our office at 734-994-2300 ext. 0, Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm. Our staff will assist you in re-setting your account.
Please DO NOT create a new account as this will cause a duplication in our system and your registration may not be processed correctly.
- Q: How do I register online for an activity?
- A: Registering for an Activity online is easy!
1) Click the "Register Now" button at the top of this page.
2) Select the activity that you would like to enroll into. Clicking on the underlined activity name will show you a detailed activity description.
Note: You may narrow your search for activities by using any of the four drop-down search boxes at the top of the online registration page. They are: Location, Category, Sort By, and Select. Activities that are "grayed-out" on the screen are not currently available for registration.
3) Click on the "Add to My Cart" button if your wish to register for the activity.
4) Next, log into your online registration account by entering your Customer Login Name and Password. Proceed to your Checkout Shopping Cart by clicking the "Continue" button. From this screen you can remove activities from your cart, view more activities and add them to your cart, or update your cart information.
Please Note: If the activity for which you are enrolling is full, you will be placed on a waiting list. Your shopping cart will indicate if you are on a wait list under the "Quantity" column. It will show a "0". Once everything is correct, click on the "Continue" button.
5) Confirm your activity name, date and time, enrollee and price then pay with a credit card. Click "continue" to proceed with payment. You will be prompted that you are entering a secure site. Click "Yes". Enter your credit card information on the Payment Information Page. Click "continue".
Please Note: The name and address must match those that are on file with your credit card company. If the address shown is not your credit card billing address, click on the "My Account" button and change your residential address to match your credit card billing address.
6) Print your receipt for the online registration: Once your payment has been approved, your receipt will display. Please print a copy of your receipt for your records.
- Q: Can I register using any discounts?
- A: Unfortunately, the system is not able to process any discounts. If you wish to register using a scholarship, senior discount, staff discount, BOE discount or gift certificate, you will need to mail or drop off your registration.
If you register on-line your credit card will be charged for the full price of the class.
- Q: The system keeps charging me the non-resident fee, but I do reside within the boundaries of the AAPS system, or the system keeps charging me the resident fee, but I live outside the boundaries of the AAPS system, what can I do?
- A: Please contact our office at 734-994-2300 ext. 0. M-F from 8am-5pm and ask a member of our office staff to assist you. Our staff will correct your status in our database. Our system only recognizes a very specific set of street addresses. If you recently created an on-line account and did not select one of the listed addresses, your status was changed to that of a non-resident.
- Q: How do I update my email address?
- A: Please contact our office at 734-994-2300 ext.0 M-F from 8am-5pm or email: email@example.com with both the old and new email information.
Our staff will make the correction to your records.
- Q: How do I change my address or my phone number?
- A: Due to issues with residency/non-residency our office staff will need to update your change of address or your phone number. Please call our office 734-994-2300 ext.0 M-F from 8am - 5pm or email firstname.lastname@example.org with all the information and we will take care of this change for all your family members.
- Q: What can I do if the system will not let me complete my registration?
- A: First check to make sure you have answered all questions associated with the class registration. Normally you need to enter something for each question, for each class you currently have in your cart.
Then check the "status" section under the participant name to see if there are any specific messages indicated in red. (If there is any message regarding the particpant's age/grade you will need to contact our office for assistance before you can complete the registration.)
Although this system does work with both PC's and MAC's, your security settings and browsers may limit the use of this program. Make sure you have installed the latest version of your browser and your security settings are set at a level that will allow you to complete the process.
If you have checked all these possible problems and you still cannot complete the registration, you may need to register in-person/through the mail/use our 24 hour drop box.
- Q: I cannot go past the registration waiver, what can I do?
- A: You need to make sure you use the scroll bar next to the waiver to scroll to the bottom of the information and then check the box indicating that you are older the 13 yrs of age. If you do not scroll to the bottom of the waiver, you will not be allowed to continue.
- Q: How do I add Family Members to My Account?
- A: You may add a family member into your account during the registration process.
When you select an activity you will be prompted to select a participant for that activity. Use the arrow down to see the list of participants associated with your family and select the correct individual.
If you do not see the participant you need to register in the drop down list, you can click on the link to add a new member. This will take you to a screen to input that person's information and then you can continue your registration.
- Q: How do I update My Account if I already have an Internet Account?
- A: If you already have an Internet account, you can update your personal information at any time by returning to the "My Account" section. Enter your Customer Login Name and Password to gain access to your account information and update any information that has changed since the creation of your online registration account. Due to special residency requirements, all address, telephone and email changes must be made by the Community Education And Recreation Office. If you need your address, phone or email updated please call (734) 994-2300 ext.0 or send a email with your request to:email@example.com
- Q: I have credit on my account, can I use this a payment for on-line registration?
- A: Yes, as long as the credit is listed under your account. If it is listed under any other family member it will not show up and you will be charged the full price of the activity.
If you have credit under your account it will automatically be deducted from the cost of the class.
- Q: How do I add additional activities to my shopping cart?
- A: To add additional activities, just select the "Show Activities" button on the checkout cart screen. Repeat the selection steps for the second activity and it will be added to your shopping cart.
- Q: How do I update "My Account" information and add a family member if I discover the information is not current at the time of checkout?
- A: You can choose to modify your account information during the checkout process. You can even add new family member(s) to be enrolled in your selected activity. Just click on the "My Account" button from the shopping cart and update your information and/or add your family member(s). Once all family members have been added, then select the "Shopping Cart" button, and from there you may proceed with the checkout process.
- Q: Can I pay my account balance online?
- A: Yes, you can pay your account balance online! Just log on and click on the "My Account" button and then select the "Pay on Account" link. Follow the instructions to make your payment online via credit card. "My Account" lets you update your account details, make payments on your account, change your Password, Family Member information, and much more.
- Q: How can I view a schedule of my family's upcoming scheduled activities?
- A: The "My Account" feature allows you to view a weekly schedule of your family's upcoming activities. Just log in, click on the "My Account" button, and then click on "Family Schedule". A weekly schedule will display all of the activities your family has been enrolled into and you can click on the activity for more information such as the facility location where the activity is being held.
- Q: Can I view my transaction history and print out my past receipts online?
- A: Yes! You will need to sign-in to your RecNet on-line account to view a detailed list of your past transactions with Community Education and Recreation. Just log in, click the "My Account" button, and under the section titled "Account Activity" select "List of Prior Transactions" to view a list of your past transactions. Then click the blue receipt number in the "link" column to see the receipt for each transaction you wish to view/print. You may print each receipt out for your records.
- Q: What can I do if the on-line quota is filled?
- A: Mail-in or drop off a registration/payment for this class to our office. Once we begin processing mail-in registration, you will be placed in the class if a spot exists or you will be placed on a waitlist if the class is filled.